Dream of Winx

Dream of Winx

A free forum for all winx fans! All winxers are welcomed! Join the magic and experience it! Spread your wings and fly!

HomeWelcome PageCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
RP season

Season: Spring
Month: April
Year: 2017
Latest topics
» REG: The I Need a Hug and/or a Hand to Hold threaed
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: "Winx Corporate" PowerPoint Template
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: Desktop Backgrounds Through the years
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 am by cfleischmann

» REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: Wish Me Well / Health Concerns
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 pm by cfleischmann

» Word Chain
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:31 pm by ★gakuenalice ★

» happy 4 of july
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:29 pm by ★gakuenalice ★

» Thread of random discussions
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:24 pm by ★gakuenalice ★

» fun things to do this summer ideas videos
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:42 pm by ★gakuenalice ★

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS

MODERATORS
Top posting users this month
cfleischmann

★gakuenalice ★

Share | 

REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Sound Off: What do you Think, does LifeProof owe me a new device?
ABSOLUTELY! The case failed to meet the standards that were advertised for it.
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
I think they should do it as a good will gesture
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't know enough about the product or circumstance to comment
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
They owe you nothing
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Some other opinion listed in the comments below.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy

Fairy XP : 12

PostSubject: REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:19 am

*** DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS CLAIM, I AM POSTING IT HERE AND HOPING IT IS SEEN AND RESPONDED TO BY AS MANY PEOPLE WHO FEEL MY PAIN AS POSSIBLE. ***

Hi:

Today, July 02, 2017 myself and my fiance went swimming with my iPad mini in it's protective LifeProof case. Having the device pool side was meant to allow me to communicate while we were in the water. When we get out of the pool and then several hours later I begin to use my iPad to communicate, things aren't as they should be; my voice isn't coming out when I hit the speak button, Siri on the device is not responding and the screen is glitching out ultimately becoming unresponsive. The biggest shock of them all was the power button refusing to do anything including lock the screen or power down the device. The case I had on the device was specifically marketed as a "life proof" case that was good to be totally submerged on at least 6 feet of water up to 30 minutes, dropped from at least 6 feet high, be in sand, be shock proof, be snow proof, and other demanding everyday life situations. The cases are advertised as being up to "military standards".

Let me tell you a little bit about the iPad I had installed in this case; this iPad mini 2 was used as a "backup" for me to communicate with since I am nonverbal and rely on both my full-sized iPad 3 as my main communication setup and the mini as my backup should the full-sized iPad become unavailable or otherwise unusable. We specifically use the mini in the pool, in the shower, or anywhere my normal communication devices would not normally survive due to adverse conditions such as water, likelihood of of being dropped, etc.

I honestly think LifeProof owes me a new communication device that is at least equal in specifications to me now damaged device or better.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sirimeyers.tk
★gakuenalice ★
MagicalModerator
MagicalModerator

Fairy XP : 242

PostSubject: Re: REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:41 pm

they owe you new one first off they lied promised you its proof its there fault
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy

Fairy XP : 12

PostSubject: Re: REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 pm

@★gakuenalice ★ wrote:
they owe you new one first off they lied promised you its proof its there fault

Thanks for your understanding!  Apple is going to make a "one time exception " and just outright replace the device.  I am still going to communicate with LifeProof and submit a claim that the case failed and that's not good :-(  I agree that they owe me a lot and at least a better device by one model year or current generation device if possible.

This iPad was not just to watch YouTube on or surf the web, I was using this as a medical device to communicate in circumstances where I otherwise would not be able to as I am permanently nonverbal (if I use what limited vocal abilities I have for even 2-5 minutes I feel pain in my throat).

A little more about my nonverbal status to paint a more complete picture:

• I was born and able to fully verbally communicate and even rap and sing in later years.  In 2014, I could not speak for about two weeks doe to an unknown reason.  I was introduced to the world of computerized voice replacements by a colleague (our CEO and my best friend forever Krystal (affectionately known as "Siri") who has been nonverbal since birth)
  • From that 2-week time in 2014 to the middle of 2016, it's been mostly stress that has made it impossible to speak.
  • 2014 also saw a communication breakdown at a psychiatric ward where in I could not retain my device even though I could not speak without it.  As a result I was beat up, restrained, drugged, and my device had to ultimately be replaced.  The hospital took zero responsibility for their actions and the trauma that it caused me.  The police told me that "if that had happened 'out there' (points towards the window meaning to say outside the hospital) it would be considered assault, but since that happened 'in here' (points to the hospital common area), there's nothing really I can do about it."  I still have recurring flashbacks about that, scars on my arms from it, and pain in my left wrist from being thrown violently to the ground.  I've written Several songs about this including the lyrics found on this forum to the song called "Lindsay".
  • mid-2016 to December of 2016 diagnosis of "Autism" given (after being given in mid-teens, rescinded shortly after 17, re-instated a few days before my 18th birthday, rescinded twice more, and nor finally confirmed)
  • 2016 also saw one of my doctors telling me that I need to give a break on the use of my voice or I could lose it for good.  along side all of that, 2016 through Q1 2017 saw me getting miss-gendered (being called "sir", being told that I "don't sound like a Carly" and other such) by customer service people on the phone a lot which added stress to my already stressful life.
  • May of 2017 saw one of my doctors tell me that it was OK to be nonverbal if I felt more comfortable in that state, and most family being migrated to the use of iPad and text messaging to communicate with me.  All vendors were migrated over from January 2017 to current.

in short, "being nonverbal" isn't just a medical condition, and it's definitely not a choice (just like a person's eye color, race, or sexual orientation are not choices); but rather a part of who I am that makes me unique and different.

Internally among my nonverbal colleagues and friends we use the term "nonverbal lifestyle" to denote just how awesome we are and how we would not change anything about ourselves.

Sorry for the long rant... I just had to
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sirimeyers.tk

REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1